Tips on how to stay cool in the summer time
During the summer time temperatures can rise into the triple digits. When the temperature gets that high it can become a major health hazard, and it can be very difficult to to find a cool place to relax. There are a few things that you can do to try and beat the heat.
- In the morning when you wake up, close all of the drapes and doors to keep as much light and heat out as possible
- If you workout try to do so early in the morning and late in the evening, these are usually the coolest parts of the day
- Try to wear more cotton material, it tends to be more breathable then most materials
- Take cool or baths or showers
- Try to avoid caffeine or alcohol as much as possible
- If your air conditioning is not working or you are on a tight budget consider going to a public location that has air conditioning and spend a few hours there.
- If you have a basement, use it. Basements are usually cooler then the rest of the house.
- Drink lots of water, make sure you stay hydrated.
- Eat smaller meals more often.
- If possible sleep alone at night, the extra body in the bed increases the temperature.
It is very important to try and stay as cool and hydrated as possible during the summer time, it does not take long in the extreme temperatures to over heat.